Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Natural Areas Work Party & Fire Ecology Walk
Saturday, October 27, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
Join Kirra Swenerton of SFRPD's Natural Areas Program on a walking tour of the July burn area on McLaren's southern slopes. Observe what's gone and what's already coming back, and learn about California grasslands fire ecology right here in our own backyards.
- 8:45AM - 9:00AM -- Tea, coffee, pastries
- 9:00AM - 9:45AM -- Fire Ecology Walk with Kirra Swenerton
- 9:45AM - 10:00AM -- Tea, coffee, snacks
- 10:00AM - 10:15AM -- Work Party orientation
- 10:15AM - NOON -- Work Party
- NOON - 1:00PM -- Picnic lunch & refreshments
- Meet at Mansell/Visitacion parking lot
- Overflow parking is across Mansell Street along Shelley Drive (We will be picking up trash along Mansell and Visitacion Ave so please don't park there!)
- Old clothes—you will be getting dirty
- Layers of clothes—long pants and long sleeved shirt
- Sturdy, closed-toed shoes with good tread
- Raingear and/or sun block and sun hat
- Water or additional snacks for special dietary needs
- Gloves—if you have them, otherwise we will supply
- Projects take place rain or shine, barring high winds or dangerous weather conditions.
- SFRPD will provide all the necessary tools.
- Please arrive promptly for the work party so everyone can receive instructions and be informed of safety concerns.
- The Fire Ecology Walk will begin on time as well so please arrive a few minutes early, we'll have hot tea, coffee, and pastries waiting for you.
- To learn more about this event, contact Joe Grey, SFRPD Natural Areas Program volunteer coordinator, (415) 831-6328.
- Dowload a pdf flyer for this event here.